Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bonus - Tributes to the Glee Cast

Since Glee is returning with new episodes this week I wanted to do a quick feature of Glee Fan art. First up is "Glee- Noah Puckerman" by 201rubixcube.
I can only assume by this that in the coming season that it will be revealed that Sloth from Goonies is really his father. Original with full "artist" details found here.

Next is "That Girl From Glee..." by Seraphic79.
This is a really good example of how poor proportions can just turn a portrait into a horror show, and how bad shading can make your subject look filthy. She looks like she needs a shower, and an exterminator for whatever built that nest in her hair.Original with full "artist" details found here.

The third one is from that group of fans that want to see Puck and Kurt hook up. 
The "artist" is chocobowonder and they suggest viewing Puckert at full size so it does not look horrible. I tried that, then I tried some other sizes. I gotta say that it was not until I zoomed out so that it was the size of a gnat that it finally was not horrible to look at. This also represents the small but vital fan community that wants to see all the Glee kids as statues on Easter Island. Original with full "artist" details found here.

Next is "Moulin Kurtofsky" by Camunki. 
Most of you do not realize this, but Kurt is a serious bowler, and with a right arm like that I bet he throws a 20 pounder. The Dude would be proud. Kurofsky will be missing this season on the football squad due to whatever horrific accident mangled his arm and added all the extra extra bends and shortened it by half. And why the hell is Kurt's hat floating in front of his forehead? Original with full "artist" details found here.

Next up is Mergays by mimzythefairy. 
Kurt and Blaine as Mermaids/Mermen. I find it really not all that interesting that the most well proportioned part of this is the freakin tails. I think that this one largely speaks for itself. Original with full "artist" details found here.

And finally so that no one thinks that I have some vendetta out for Fan Art I wanted to present a piece that I actually like. 
"Glee" by daekazu is really well done. Each character is recognizable and has personality. The entire piece is really a nice homage. Original with full artist details found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment